The focus of a gentle Sleep Coach is to help you and your baby gently sleep through the night. The Sleep coach will support you in building a secure and positive parent/child attachment and also serve to foster a healthy independence. The mission of the Baby Sleep Consultant is to provide gentle sleep solutions for parents and children, and ultimately teach the skill of falling asleep.
We are able to aid in the placement of Sleep Coaches who have certifications that include, but are not limited to Gentle Sleep Coach Training, Adult and Infant CPR, and Neonatal Resuscitation.
While the exact responsibilities will be determined by you and your Sleep Coach, they can often include some combination of the following:
- Help both you and your baby gently sleep through the night.
- Educate on the basics of sleep
- Create a personalized gentle sleep plan based on your family’s history and desired goals
- Provide home visits
- Provide follow-up support through telephone calls
- Help to create a close, harmonious family