The typical role of a domestic couple includes providing domestic services to either an individual or a family in their home, estate, ranch or other abode. Domestic couples often work together as a team to provide these services for a household where their responsibilities can be combined in a way that meets that needs of their particular employer. The team usually possesses a variety of skills that can serve to streamline the management of a household, enabling you to manage fewer people instead of having one person for each type of chore that needs to be performed, such as handyman, pool maintenance, cleaning service, etc.
While certifications depend on the particular duties the domestic couple will perform, we are able to aid in the placement of domestic couples who hold certification from a reputable house-management institute.
The exact responsibilities will be determined by you andthe domestic couple and can often include some combination of the following:
- Managing a cleaning staff or specific housekeeping duties including care of fine furnishings
- Laundry, ironing and other wardrobe care
- Menu planning, grocery shopping, preparing, cooking and serving meals
- Coordinating entertainment functions including to attending to the needs of guests
- Personal shopping and household errands
- Vehicle maintenance and transportation requests
- Home maintenance and repairs or scheduling of repairs
- Grounds maintenance including gardening, landscaping and lawn are
- Pool and spa maintenance
- Coordinating and organization of construction projects
- Household accounting
- Answering the door and telephones
- Sorting, reviewing and answering mail as needed
- Pet care that can sometimes include the caring of domestic stock such as horses, cattle, sheep, goats, etc.