A companion is needed when somebody elderly or infirm is unable to completely care for him or herself. Sometimes an elderly person who has been self-sufficient suddenly finds himself or herself vulnerable and alone because of the death of a spouse. A senior companion is a much valued asset in this type of situation and can be depended upon to offer just enough assistance and companionship so that a person can continue to live independently.
Companions will cook, clean, shop, run errands and drive their patients wherever they need to go. A companion is expected to be sensitive to the needs of their patient. They should offer friendly companionship as well as allow a degree of independence for their patient.
Europa Domestics has a large database of candidates with varied credentials, skills and qualifications who are looking for positions as companions for the elderly. We offer placement of qualified companions with training and certifications such as Certified Nurses Aide (CNA) and candidates with CPR and First Aid certification.
Our home staffing agency provides companion services in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Philadelphia. Europa Domestics has reduced the stress and made lifetaken the stress away and made life much more pleasant for seniors.
The responsibilities of an elderly companion :
- Driving, traveling and accompanying the client to events and appointments.
- Accompanying a senior on a trip.
- Reading, playing games, watching TV with a senior.
- Assisting a senior with paying bills.
- Overseeing and assisting with diet and exercise programs.
- Planning, shopping and/or preparing nutritious meals.
- Running errands.
- Ensuring that the senior takes medications appropriately.
- Planning menus, cooking and serving nutritious meals.
- Monitoring physical and mental health.
- Monitoring Updating family members of the patient’s well-being and status.