A Household Property or Estate Manager typically serves as the CEO of the property on a large Estate, or for an owner with several residences and property that may include extensive grounds. The Property Manager works directly with the owner in order to organize and supervise the management of the properties and services that are required. This position may also be in involved in all aspects of the owner’s personal finances and are typically responsible for the hiring, training and management of staff that are required to fulfill the wide range of services needs of the entire household.
We are able to aid in the placement of Property Managers who have a Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary education that will enable them to provide the many varied skilled this positions requires. Some may have certifications that include, but are not limited to, a Household Manager certification or a degree in Real Estate/Property Management.
While the exact responsibilities will be determined by you and your Property Manager, they can often include some combination of the following:
- Monitoring the main residence to make sure everything is well-kept and ready to present at any time
- Coordination with vendors and contractors as well as selecting and the supervision of service contractors
- Hiring and supervision of other household staff
- Ensuring home and personal security
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Scheduling the maintenance of pools, private planes, and yachts
- Management home improvement and construction projects
- Preparing budgets and managing household accounts as well as performing bookkeeping tasks
- Running household and personal errands
- Filling in an assisting a housekeeper as needed
- Holiday decorating and the organization of some holiday functions