Europa Domestics has helped families to hire the ideal Mothers Helper in NYC, NJ, CT and PA areas. The focus of a Mother’s Helper is to assist the mother or father with young children in the house. The difference between a Mother’s Helper and a Nanny or Babysitter, is that one of the parents is home with the Mother’s Helper. Although a Mother’s Helper is often responsible for carrying out a number of designated tasks similar to that of a Nanny, she is not typically solely responsible for all of them as the Nanny would be.
While there are no specific certifications for a Mother’s Helper, we are able to aid in the placement of a Mother’s Helper who has certifications that may include, but are not limited to, First-Aid and CPR certifications.
While the exact responsibilities will be determined by you and your Mother’s Helper, they can often include some combination of the following:
- Washing, folding and putting away laundry
- General housework assistance
- Handling some aspects of child care
- Easy meal preparation
- Bathing a baby, changing diapers or feeding
- Clean, organize and store toys in the play area
- Regulate children’s rest periods
- Read to children or teach them simple songs, or how to create a painting or drawing