The primary focus of a Nurse’s Aide working with the elderly is to provide live in or live out care to the patient in their private setting. The caregiver remains in the client’s home, making sure all of the patient’s needs are met 24 hours a day. They may provide support on a short or long term basis, and are responsible for following a doctor’s orders, including making sure the patient is taking their medication on time and monitoring their vital signs. The Nurse’s Aide may also be responsible for a variety of light housekeepers duties, including cooking.
We are able to provide a nurses aide who has that may include, but are not limited to, Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA), CPR, and First-Aid certification.
Nurse’s Aide offers following services:
- Assuring the patient is following doctor’s orders and providing medication reminders
- Help with bathing and dressing
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Escorting with appointments
- Assisting with light exercise
- Changing dressings
- Monitoring vital signs
- Changing bed linens and keeping the patient’s living area clean
- Running errands (picking up medications, dry cleaning, etc.)
- Entertaining, or reading to help keep the patient mentally alert
- Planning, purchasing and serving meals as well as assisting with feeding if necessary